Friday 27 September 2013

General Electric whistleblower in India being victimised to cover up complaints of corruption, forgery, fraud, bribery etc

Writ petitioner in W.P. (Civil) 1280/ 2012 – Seema Sapra v. General Electric Company & Ors


I, the petitioner-in-person, have been sleeping in my car since 27 February 2013 without my applications for housing and protection being heard


Corruption matter involving GE, Montek Ahluwalia and 20 Billion USD worth Railway tenders – Projects to set up Marhowra diesel loco factory and Madhepura electric loco factory

Justice A K Sikri, Justice Endlaw & Chandhiok participated in the conspiracy and attempt to murder me before this writ petition was filed, when I mentioned the threat to my life and sought protection on 17 Feb 2012 - subject of CM 428/ 2013 lying unheard

Role of A S Chandhiok in targeting me

Complaints against GE include:

Forged customer certificate submitted

Corrupt practice by hiring consultant (Vinod Sharma) who had earlier advised railways

Bribes paid through contractor – Aartech Consultants India Pvt. Ltd

Contract terms tailored to allow GE to prequalify without complying with mandatory disclosure guidelines

Evidence of illegal lobbying

Marhowra Project tailor-made for GE

Internal GE emails placed on record as evidence

Outlook and Pioneer news articles on corruption by Montek favouring GE

RFQ itself provided that bidder found engaging in corrupt, fraudulent practice will be disqualified and blacklisted


Matter not heard since Feb 2012

Impugned tenders cancelled in May 2013 and fresh tendering initiated without decision on complaints against GE           

Prayer for blacklisting GE in writ petition

Application seeking stay against GE participation in new tenders lying unheard since May 2013 


         Peeyoush Kalra a lawyer threatened me saying that I would not get any relief from the court and would end up like Pandey –
         His advice was to forget about this writ petition
         He offered to do research for my matter – real intent was to spy on me
         On two occasions, he refused any financial help
         On the first occasion, he stated he would give me work but never did


Honku – Upamanyu Hazarika, Senior Advocate attempted to influence me and told me to withdraw this writ petition - In my view this amounts to a criminal offence of attempting to intimidate/ influence/ victimise a witness/ whistleblower

Amit Bansal told me recently to think about a “compromise” when I was raising funds to survive, his words were ‘yeh bhi khatam ho jayega, then what will you do?” while handing me Rs. 500

         In Sep 2012, I had run of out funds and had slept one night in my car
         Ronnie Bannerji approached me in court and said several lawyers wanted to help and raise funds
         I agreed to meet him
         He told me during the meeting that “they” would not rehabilitate me but wanted to destroy my personality
         Before the meeting he was on the phone outside and was receiving instructions from someone


Sujata Kashyap first refused to give anything when I was raising funds in May 2013, then handed me Rs 100.
On another occasion in Aug 13, she again refused funds and said that instead she would give me work the very next day, She then ignored me for two weeks.
She later approached me in the canteen, handed me Rs 500 and tried to manipulate me by stating that she knew that I was very hurt somewhere deep inside.
I told her she did not know the first thing about me and was talking nonsense. I asked her about the work she had mentioned. Her reply was that she thought I would not want it.
She then took back the Rs 500 and refused to identify herself.



In April 2013, Sudhir Chandra Aggarwal, Senior advocate (after hearing I was sleeping in my car) offered to help me financially. He told me to contact him after a day.
I asked him about this on 2-3 occasions, with no response.
I finally stopped asking.


Ramji Srinivasan, Senior Advocate told me in Aug 11, that I should leave Delhi and go live in a small town – part of several attempts to get me to leave Delhi – my leaving Delhi will place me at greater risk as I could be easily eliminated in the absence of the context of the GE corruption complaints
Around Nov 12, he suggested that I “short-circuit” the writ petition
He also told me that he could directly talk to GE

Navratan Chaudhary – who I had never spoken to before, told me in May 13 when I mentioned during a general conversation in the ladies bar room that I was sleeping in my car, that she had been waiting for me to talk to her
She then without my asking offered a loan, work, and all other kinds of assistance
She led me up the garden path for about a week in the second half of May, arranging a meeting with a client, and offering me advance payment to draft and file a PIL
No follow-up happened, I was not given the documents to draft the petition, or the advance or even the loan
This charade was used to distract me on a date the GE matter was listed by insistence on a client meeting that day for which the client did not turn up
When I sent emails and text messages asking what happened, Navratan replied she was out of town
We have not spoken since then 
The offers of work, loan etc were all bogus and simply intended to distract me with false offers of assistance, and I am sure Navratan was adequately rewarded for her role


No comments:

Post a Comment